Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mom, where is my dad?

Several years ago, when talking with students and needing to gain support from home, I would state, " do you want me to call your father." As an 80's child, I and many others assumed that all homes resembled the Cosby, and mom and dad lived together under the same roof. After several years of disappointment from the responses of my students and the occasional reaction, " you know where my dad is?", my methods had to change.

Today, when talking with students, I have to state first, " who do you live with." There can be no assumptions and the responses I have gotten over the last 15 years would bring tears to the eyes of the harden criminal.

To aid my students, I wrote the book, " Mom, where's my dad?", as a conversation piece to be used by single mothers. This book can start that pain staking conversation regarding the absence of the child's father. In conjunction with the book, I got several request to reach out to the absent fathers by the children who read the book. This prompted me to begin to ask mothers, " Let me call your children's father." We've had some success, heated conversation, and storybook reunions.

It's time to extend the opportunity beyond my school of influence.

Mother who know that their child is in need of the relationship with their father and you don't, won't, or can't make contact with their father, Let me call your child's dad. If you are interested, email info@psmenterprises or call (516) 209-3241.

http://psmenterprises.com/psm-products/mom-wheres-my-dad/

No comments: